marissa

marissa

Thursday, July 7, 2011

That's My Jam!



As I vegetate on my bedroom floor, primarily due to the extreme soreness resonating through my body, secondly, because I am being extremely lazy (it's raining outside okay, can a girl live?!), and lastly because I am surrounded by paperwork and coffee mugs and any sudden movements may lead to disaster, I find myself jamming to a playlist of songs that I cannot get out of my head. I need help. I can't stop blessing my household with my miraculously on-key voice...

Adele - Someone Like You

I don't think any person can disagree with me when I say that Adele is a synonym for AMAZING. Her passionate and soothing tracks from her albums "19" and "21" have set the bar for other songstresses in the game. Yes, usually her videos are of her seated, wearing black, with the camera swirling around her but who cares, she's on point and her Unplugged performances sound just as great, if not better, than the recorded tracks. She has bangs too!  All-time favorite song from her : Hometown Glory.

Pitbull ft. Marc Anthony - Rain Over Me

Heard this song a couple times in spinning class. I must show love for my city so this song has been added to my workout playlist. Pitbull, who has just released a new album "Planet Pit" has teamed up with J. Lo's skeletal and vocal genius of a husband, Marc Anthony. It's deemed to be a club hit and I'm sure thanks to Power96's repetitiveness, will become old and obnoxious pretty soon, but hey let's enjoy it in the meantime!


Graffiti6 - Over You
I stumbled across this song during the last season of "The Hills" but the London group just recently gained a following and has made it's mark over here in the US. The song was recently on "Basketball Wives"  for all you Evelyn Lozada groupies out there. The duo, TommyD (writer/producer/songwriter who has worked with Jay-Z, Kanye West, Kylie Minogue, etc.) and Jamie Scott (who once had a band that toured with Alicia Keys and Kelly Clarkson) have put out some great tracks, such as an interesting cover for Blackstreet's "No Diggity" (we all loved that song!). In "Over You" the lyrics are great and the acoustic vibe amplifies the passionate intent of the song.




Paramore - Monster

Since the beginning, I have always been a Paramore fan. Sure it channels my emotional and edgy high school spirit and some people make fun of me for it, but this group has never disappointed me. I know every song, contemplated buying some of their fan products at Hot Topic, and I've been up close at their shows. Recently, after suffering the departure of their bitter bandmates, brothers Josh and Zac Farro, songstress Hayley Williams, bassist Jeremy Davis, and guitarist Taylor York, have proven that they will not be shaken and will continue to put out great tracks. "Monster" is featured on the Transformers 3 soundtrack and it is their first single released in the aftermath of their breakup.  I haven't seen Transformers 3 yet, is it any good? Does Rosie Huntington-Whiteley even speak in it?


Drake - Trust Issues

Leaked into cyberspace by Drake himself, after his collaboration with Khaled, Rick Ross, and Weezy on "I'm On One", Drake uses the same chorus and shows us that he too has trust issues on this somber and introspective track. With his upcoming album Take Care to be released in October, keep the leaks coming Drizzy...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

MariBLOG. Powered by Blogger.

© My M.O., All Rights Reserved.