marissa

marissa

Sunday, September 11, 2011

United We Stand

"It's not how hard you hit. It's how hard you get hit...and keep moving forward." 
-Randy Pausch, author of The Last Lecture

I wasn't sure I wanted to write today. 10 years later. I am too overcome with emotion and overwhelming thoughts and I wasn't sure how I could convey a positive and uplifting message across to you all as I normally do.
Here's to trying...

I went briefly this morning to my church and lit a candle outside of mass. I lit a candle for universal strength  and remembrance. I didn't light it for myself, for my family, for the job I've applied to, but for everyone. I just wanted to dedicate it to everyone.
This day, ten years ago, our lives changed forever. Do we remember when we could run up to the airport gate as little kids and greet our loved ones getting off planes? However petty that may be, it mattered and I believe it is all these seemingly overlooked moments that we need to reflect upon and appreciate.
I don't just speak for myself when I say that it's been a rough ride for us all. Whether recently or years ago, we've all been hardened by powerful, traumatic, and difficult changes in our lives. From relationships, to financial hardships, losses, to layoffs, we've faced them head on and the story line continues. Key word: continues. Life goes on and will continue to do so. Let us remember that.  Let us remember the fragility of life and live it till the wheels fall off...

In remembrance of all those lost, loved but never forgotten.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

MariBLOG. Powered by Blogger.

© My M.O., All Rights Reserved.