marissa

marissa

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Be great. Be grateful.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!





With the swirls of hustle and bustle permeating the air, I want to take this moment to reflect on what I am truly thankful for.

Family. Let me not even downplay it. I have an insanely fabulous family. Dysfunctionally typical yet uniquely wonderful.

Friends. As I've grown, I've held onto or I've taken on some really great friends and have met some truly amazing people. It's not the quantity people; but rather, quality. The word 'friend' is not a term to be used loosely.

Faith. Without it, where would I be. You have to believe in something. Whether it's religion, butternut squash, good karma, or the power of prayer, we must channel our beliefs, wants, and wishes into something that keeps us hopeful and looking up and onward.

Health. I complain on a daily basis how much my knees, lower back, high heels, or eyelashes hurt. Behind all that nonsense I have my health and am probably the healthiest I have ever been. For that I am grateful.

Strengths. I am thankful for the tremendous graces that I have been given. Whether it's my big heart, my creative passions, or the hard stretch I have overcome physically, emotionally and mentally, I am grateful. Oh and my amazing singing skills. My voice is like an angel sliding down a rainbow. Especially right after I wake up. Divine.

Clown capabilities. I take pride in my ability to humor others and I seek to entertain. My sarcasm may come off as a little dry but it is not to be taken seriously most of the time. I heart all of you dorks.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

MariBLOG. Powered by Blogger.

© My M.O., All Rights Reserved.