marissa

marissa

Monday, January 2, 2012

Resolutions Are SOO Last Year.

Resolutions blah blah blah. Same scene, same promises, same goals set each year. What do we actually follow through with? What resolutions are really achieved/remembered?? The gym will be packed tomorrow, and empty in February. Janet Jackson and Jennifer Hudson will be tired of endorsing their weight loss regimes on television and so forth. New Year's is always a swirl of emotions and sentiments for me because it's a deep introspective reflection of the past 365 days that I have endured. What have I done? What has happened? Am I where I thought I would be?

Last night, New Year's Eve, I was blessed enough to have a glass of champagne with my 90+ year old grandmother and it just further reinforced my gratitude for life in general. All its tricks, ups, downs, tragedies, triumphs, and blessings have allowed me to shake off what I feel pressing me down all the while reinforcing what keeps me standing.

I don't have resolutions. I will carry the same ambitions, hopes, dreams, and love that I had in 2011, but with way more fervor. I will carry what I have learned from my mistakes, mishaps, and struggles.  I am a different, more knowledgeable, older, and a stronger person. I have changed tremendously but I can't say that everything needs to change beginning January 1, 2012. I have my health, a wonderful family and collection of friends, and the opportunities are endless. I will explore different avenues, cement my career and break out of my shell a bit, but I will continue to just live, remain motivated, and grateful. Life isn't easy but it's a surely beautiful thing. Keep your resolutions over the years and carry them through. Be better. Be wiser. Be everything.









0 comments:

Post a Comment

MariBLOG. Powered by Blogger.

© My M.O., All Rights Reserved.