marissa

marissa

Friday, February 3, 2012

Awesome Girl Problems.

New book alert! We've all heard the viral expression "White Girl Problems" all over social media outlets, but Babe Walker has condensed this concept into a book that was just released January 31st. From all the stresses that life may present, Babe is the go-to guru on the topic. Check out her BabeWalker.com site, follow her on Twitter @whitegrlproblems (yes, there is no "i" in that one) and relish in her unique and hilarious interview posted below.



Can you describe BabeWalker.com in three words?
No, can you? That was three words, right?

Fill us in on your book White Girl Problems: your memoir, that comes out in stores on January 31,2012?
I was nearing the end of a 28-day rehabilitation program for a shopping addiction and I’d come to a crossroads in my life. Nobody was appreciating me/my struggles, so I decided to take a bunch of Adderall and write down all my grievances with the world. I wrote 250 pages in 48 hours. These stories later became my memoir.

Who are your top 5 favorite fashion designers?
Living or dead? Okay, let me think… Miuccia Prada, Nicholas Ghesquiere, Tom Ford, Phoebe Philo, Yves St. Laurent, Alexander McQueen, Diane Von Furstenberg, Riccardo Tisci, Jean Paul Gaultier,
Stella McCartney, Alexander Wang, Marc Jacobs, Sonia Rykiel…

Oh shit, that’s way more than 5. Sowwy.

Do you follow any fashion blogs religiously?
I love Fashion Gone Rogue, for all editorial images. I used to follow Fashion Toast, until Rumi got skinnier than me. Other than that, I read pretty much every fashion blog you can think of.

Do you know what you will be dressing up as for Halloween yet?
Every year, my best friend Genevieve and I go as famous mother/daughter duos. Two years ago we were Dina and Lindsay, last year we were Goldie and Kate, and this year we’re going as Tom and Suri.

What style advice do you have for all the problemed White Girls out there?
Don’t follow trends, wear what feels good, and if you think you could stand to lose a little weight, you’re probably right.

What should we look forward to in the future, for BabeWalker.com?
My brain is basically a crazy/chic/out of control/terrifying mood board, and BabeWalker.com will be the portal through which I share that mood
board with the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

MariBLOG. Powered by Blogger.

© My M.O., All Rights Reserved.