marissa

marissa

Saturday, February 18, 2012

And I Wish You Joy And Happiness

I watched the entire Whitney Houston funeral today as I tended to some household duties today. We've all made the jokes, heard the jokes, believed the rumors, and said our "I told you so"s.
We are so shadowed by conflict, scandal and controversy that we forget to remember Whitney left behind a striking legacy and a heartbroken family. I will never forget when I graduated kindergarten at Alexander Montessori to her song "Greatest Love of All".
As they carried out her casket, they played her beloved "I Will Always Love You" and I could not help but tear up. As I watch everyone hug her mother and daughter each time they descend from and approach the altar, Whitney is once again humanized and we are reminded that she was a real person who loved and lost, who, herself, was loved and lost, and who will forever be loved but not lost.



God gave me a voice to sing with, and when you have that, what other gimmick is there?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

MariBLOG. Powered by Blogger.

© My M.O., All Rights Reserved.